Hilltop Apartments will only collect and hold Personal Information about you that is reasonably necessary to undertake our business activities and functions, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Why we collect Personal Information
We may collect your Personal Information for one or more of the following reasons:
- providing our products or services to you;
- to assist with your queries;
- processing a booking or application that you have made;
- acting as your agent if you request us to do so;
- for surveys, direct marketing, promotions or competitions;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services.
How we collect your Personal Information
We generally collect Personal Information directly from you, through the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect Personal Information from third party contractors or agents who provide our products and services on our behalf.
What kinds of Personal Information we collect
The types of Personal Information that we collect may include your name, address, other contact details and other such information that is relevant for us to provide our products and services to you in the manner that you have requested, or to comply with the law.
We do not generally collect sensitive information from you; however, if you provide such information to us, we will only collect that information with your express consent and only where such information is reasonably required in order for us to provide our products or services to you (such as special access or assistance requirement due to a health condition). We shall not disclose sensitive information to any other party without your consent.
If you access our websites or any mobile applications (“apps”), we may collect additional Personal Information about you including:
- server address / IP address;
- date and time of visit;
- pages visited;
- documents downloaded;
- the site you visited prior to visiting our website;
- the browser that you are using to access our website;
- if you have visited our website before;
- tracking user preferences;
- location data.
Failure to provide Personal Information
If the Personal Information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, or you choose not to provide us with the Personal Information that we have requested, it may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
Dealing with Hilltop Apartments anonymously or through a pseudonym
Where possible you will have the option of interacting with us anonymously or through a pseudonym, however, where you are requesting products or services from us, it may become impracticable to provide those products or services to you without verifying your identity.
Dealing with Personal Information
Use and Disclosure
In order to provide products and services to you we may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers, contractors, agents or other business partners who assist us in providing our products and services to you;
- external providers of services where you have engaged us to act as your agent;
- other service providers, who provide the various services that you have requested and we have arranged;
- our related bodies corporate;
- our professional advisers;
- an entity to whom we are required to disclose such information under law;
- other parties with your consent or direction.
We will only provide such Personal Information to those third parties as required to provide our products or services, unless otherwise authorised by you or required under law.
Transfer of your Personal Information overseas
When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and make choices at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant communication, or by contacting our Privacy Officer. Our social media pages provide instructions as to how you can unsubscribe from the relevant social media website or page.
Integrity of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We may store your Personal Information in different ways, including in paper form, electronic form, telephone recordings and utilising secure document retention services (including those located off-site). We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic (firewalls and access controls) and physical security measures.
Links to Other Websites
Our website or apps may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third-party websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Where you notify us that your Personal Information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information unless we are authorised not to do so by law. Should we decline your request to correct your Personal Information we will provide you with a written explanation setting out the legal reasons for doing so.
Contacting Hilltop Apartments
If you are unhappy with a response that you have received from Hilltop Apartments, you may direct your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) in Australia. The details of the OAIC are as follows:
- OAIC – listed on their website: oaic.gov.au
*As amended 12 March 2014.